According to my younger siblings, I’ve reached “old lady” status with just a few hours before my 29th birthday. So before my memory goes, I figured I would spend a few moments clearing the air and answering the top “13” questions I constantly get online.
- Where do I call home? I could be cool and say I’m a resident of the world but that’s not where my pay stub gets delivered. Last month I moved from DC to the overcrowded New York City, more specifically --- I call Harlem home but only second to Philly.
- How do I make my coins aka where do I work? Well as a renaissance woman with student loans, one has to diversify her income streams. Full-time, I work as the Head of Youth Engagement and Skills for the Global Business Coalition for Education. Part-time, I work as a strategist for both private and public entities who are looking to engage impacted communities. Also, every now and again, someone will pay me to talk or facilitate a training workshop.
- Where do I find my passion? I find my passion in helping young people realize that they’re deserving of everything the world has to offer.
- What did I study in college? Well I graduated from Temple University and I majored in International Business, Legal Studies with a minor in Chinese and MIS (Management and Informational Systems)
- Would I ever consider going back to school? Yes, especially if someone else paid for it. I love learning, classroom discussions is my thing and I would probably go back for an MBA and MPA.
- Favorite place I’ve traveled so far? Hmmm, that’s hard to say but if I had to pick, it would have to be South Africa, the food, history, culture, and people were just amazing to be around and I wasn’t ready to come home.
- Where do I want to travel next? I haven’t really explored much of Latin America, I would love to spend some time there but I also hope to go back to parts of Asia before the end of the year. Will keep y’all posted!
- Biggest accomplishment to date? Finally giving myself permission to be great.
- Biggest Fear? Not meeting my own expectations.
- Best cheese steak place in Philly? Larry’s, Jims or Ishkabibble’s … I don’t trust anywhere else.
- Current Book? I’m currently listening to “The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck” By Mark Manson on Audible and reading “The Fourth Industrial Revolution” by Klaus Schwab.
- Celebrity role model? Other than Beyonce?...well I’m a huge fan of Mellody Hobson, haven’t met her yet but I’ve literally read everything about her and watched all her speeches at least 5 times each.
- One thing you want to learn? I can’t pick one, so Chinese and French.